Real Estate Lead Generation Requires Focus
It’s not easy to stay focused these days.
- Hundreds, if not thousands, of entertainment options on our 70 inch TV screens.
- Smartphones that constantly interrupt us with news bulletins, weather warnings and social media alerts.
- And, of course, hundreds of emails and text every day.
Some of us (the lucky few) seem to be immune to disruptions, and are able to stay focused no matter what. They have the discipline to stay on task, to check-off every to-do on their daily project list. If you’re one of the lucky few, congratulations. But if you’re someone who is easily distracted, let’s walk through some tips that might help you to get more focused as you move into the remainder of 2023.
- Adequate sleep is critical: The science is clear: deep, restful sleep strengthens your immune system, improves your memory, keeps your weight off, and your mind clear. A study published by the University of Arizona College of Medicine reveals that people who sleep 7-8 hours a night are as much as 29% more productive than those who sleep five hours or less. Schedule your sleep routine and stick to it. Turn off your devices, make sure your bedroom is cool, and try some deep breathing to relax yourself.
- De-clutter: Try to keep your work area uncluttered. Studies show that clutter restricts your brain’s capacity to process information, and focus. In fact, some studies suggest that the average person wastes up to 4.3 hours per week looking for lost papers or important documents. A great way for real estate agents to keep on task and organized is by using the Espresso Agent CRM.
- Be committed: Real estate lead generation success requires a commitment to active, daily prospecting. If you’re having trouble staying focused, maybe it’s time to revisit your commitment to what’s important to your business. If you don’t already have one, put a dream board up in your office to help with your motivation. Another great way to stay on track is to work with an ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER, someone who will be tough and honest with you.
- Make real estate lead generation time an absolute priority: If you commit to prospecting, make sure nothing can disrupt your prospecting schedule. Everyone should know when you’re in your prospecting zone. Turn off your phone when it’s time to fire up Espresso Agent. No interruptions allowed!!
- Invest in your success: If you’re already using Espresso Agent, you can skip this tip. But if you’re only using Espresso Agent occasionally, or don’t have a proven CRM like Espresso, you’re missing an opportunity to transform your business, and your bank account. Espresso Agent is designed to maximize your prospecting efforts with the best real estate leads in the business. Learn more about our pricing HERE.
- Work your to-do list: Prioritize your daily tasks, and assign a specific amount of time to complete each one. Discipline yourself to focus on those tasks that are most likely to help you achieve your business goals. Here’s the great thing about staying on top of your to-do list: checking off projects acts as a reward, and can stimulate greater productivity.
- Get in a workout: Exercise improves concentration, motivation, memory and mood. A good workout raises your brain’s dopamine levels, improving both focus and attention. A study by the Emerald Insight group reveals that exercising during workdays has been found to boost one’s time management skills by as much as 72%! Check out this blog post on the VALUE OF MORNING EXERCISE.
- Don’t be a perfectionist: The World Health Organization recently reported that there is a marked increase in perfectionism among younger adults. This is not surprising as we are living in a hyper-competitive time, which is often exasperated by social media which can easily exaggerate others’ accomplishments. When it comes to real estate lead generation, don’t get discouraged or overwhelmed if you’re falling short of your objectives. It happens. Focus on enjoying small victories each day, and build from there. Remind yourself that failure and frustration are an important part of your journey to success.
If you feel like you’ve been less than focused this first quarter, it’s time to put it behind you and get focused on what you need to do to make 2023 your best year ever.
Real Estate Lead Generation Success Strategies
Active (i.e. daily) prospecting is the cornerstone to a successful…Read More
4 Ways Realtors Can Communicate with Millennial Real Estate Buyers
Let’s talk about Millennials. It’s a word that’s buzzing everywhere,…Read More