A Strong Team Drives Lead Generation Success
February 20, 2018/
Lead generation is the lifeblood of every successful agent. But you may get to the point where more leads are wearing you out if you’re on your own. Maybe you’re experiencing burn-out? If this is the case, maybe it’s time to begin building a team around you.
What’s it take to build a strong team? Here are a few suggestions:
- Consider Your Personal Goals: What kind of person are you? Maybe your dream is to build the next great real estate empire? Or, maybe you want to keep it relatively small and simple? Are you the kind of person who likes to manage other people? Imagine the life you want to have and let that image guide you in terms of building the team that works for you.
- Structure Your Team For Scale: Let’s assume that lead generation is your sweet spot? How do you build a team to complement your strength? Two thoughts:
- Start with a strong administrative assistant: this may be the most important hire you make. A strong admin allows you to stay focused on what is important to grow the business over time. Find someone persistent, with great organization skills. Oh, and someone not afraid to push back on you.
- Hire a solid buyer specialist: you know that buyers consume a lot of time. Hiring a strong buyer agent allows you to stay focused on lead generation.
- Always Be Recruiting: one of the most important jobs for any leader is to keep your eyes open for quality talent. Keep an active list of people in your market who have impressed you and stay in touch with them through LinkedIn. Go to events and see how possible candidates operate with other people.
- Focus on Training and Coaching: One of the biggest mistakes managers make is not having clearly defined job descriptions by which to evaluate team members. Everyone should know what’s expected of them and should have the training to deliver on those expectations.
- Leverage Technology: Support your team by investing in technology that gives you a competitive advantage in the market. You want technology that is easy to use and adaptable to address the needs of your growing business.
- Lead by Example: You set the tone for your team. Don’t expect someone to do something you wouldn’t do. Be engaged. Listen to their issues and understand their needs. Your job is to inspire greatness and you do this by modeling greatness yourself.
Building a powerful real estate team takes courage and energy. It’s not for everybody. We suggest you re-visit the first point often; always be aware of what motivates you.