7 Tips for Better Sales in 2022
Happy New Year.
Are you ready to make 2022 your best year EVER? Whether or not you met your goals in 2021 (and especially if you didn’t), this is the perfect time to take a deep breath, recalibrate and get your head in the 2022 game ahead. As with anything in life, the basics matter. For success in real estate, we’ve compiled seven basic tips to get your started this year.
- BE GOAL-MINDED: Top performers in our business have clear, concise and realistic goals. Set goals based on what you’ve done before, plus necessary adjustments. Be consistent. If your pipeline is full today, don’t rest on your laurels, but kick prospecting into high gear. If you watch sports you know that momentum matters.
- COMMIT TO A SCHEDULE: Daily prospecting is the key to achieving your goals. Focus on expired and FSBO “now opportunities” as the best source for consistent revenue. Importantly, honor your time for daily prospecting.
- FIND A ROLE-PLAYING PARTNER: Start each day with a trusted, role-playing partner. Role playing keeps you focused and helps build confidence right before you start your prospecting calls. And the most important aspect of role playing is to get comfortable with handling objections.
- HONE YOUR LISTENING SKILLS: Top performers understand the subtle art of listening to homeowners. Effective listening helps you to understand their dreams and motivations. You need to listen for the cues that tell you it’s time to apply for the job of being their partner. Remember the rule-of-thumb when speaking to a prospect: they should do 70% of the talking, so get ready to listen up.
- BUILD YOUR DATABASE. Obviously every person you speak to is now a “now opportunity.” But they may be at some point. When you get someone on the phone, do your best to capture their email or phone number. Let them know you just want to stay in touch, as with the following script: “We’d like to keep you updated on what’s happening in your market and neighborhood — what’s your best email address?”
- OWN EXPIREDS. Perhaps you’ve heard this stat, but if not, it’s worth repeating: 40% of expired listing homeowners re-list with a new agent within 30 days. Be persistent in proving your interest in selling their home, and your willingness to be their partner. And don’t forget older expireds, the listings that many agents dismiss, but that are often like gold.
- ENGAGE FSBOs. Always remember that 90% of FSBOs fail to sell on their own, and will list with a real estate professional within a month. A FSBO’s primary motivation is to net more revenue by NOT paying real estate agent commission. So when the time is right, show them data to prove that agent-represented transactions sell faster, at a higher rate and at a higher price.
As you get into gear for 2022, remember that the vast majority of agents don’t stick to a proven plan. This leaves the door open for YOU: a focused, goal-oriented agent.
And, if you’re looking for a bigger edge, Espresso Agent offers you the best expired and FSBO leads in the business. Learn more about Expired Listing Leads.
Good luck in 2022.
Winning with Expireds: A Refresher Course
Most top-producing real estate agents focus on “expired listings” as…Read More