Staying Focused is the Key to Success
It’s not easy to stay focused these days. Hundreds, if not thousands, of entertainment options on our 70 inch TV screens. Smartphones that constantly interrupt us with news bulletins, weather warnings and social media alerts. And, of course, hundreds of emails every day.
Some of us (the lucky few) seem to be immune to disruptions, and are able to stay focused no matter what. They have the discipline to stay on task, to check-off every to-do on their daily project list. If you’re one of the lucky few, congratulations. But if you’re someone who is easily distracted, let’s walk through some tips that might help you to get focused as you move into the second quarter of 2021:
- Adequate sleep is critical: The science is clear: deep, restful sleep strengthens your immune system, improves your memory, keeps your weight off, and your mind clear. Schedule your sleep routine and stick to it. Turn off your devices, make sure your bedroom is cool, and try some deep breathing to relax yourself.
- De-clutter: Try to keep your work area uncluttered. Studies show that clutter restricts your brain’s capacity to process information, and focus.
- Be committed: Top-performing real estate agents stay committed to active, daily prospecting. If you’re having trouble staying focused, maybe it’s time to revisit your commitment to what’s important to your business. If you don’t already have one, put a dream board up in your office to help with your motivation.
- Make prospecting time and absolute priority: If you commit to prospecting, make sure nothing can disrupt your prospecting. Everyone should know when you’re in your prospecting zone. Turn off your phone when it’s time to fire up Espresso Agent.
- Espresso rules: If you’re already using Espresso Agent, you can skip this tip. But if you’re only using Espresso Agent occasionally, or don’t have a proven CRM like Espresso, you’re missing an opportunity to transform your business, and your bank account. Espresso Agent is designed to maximize your prospecting efforts.
- Work your to-do list: Prioritize your daily tasks, and assign a specific amount of time to complete each one. Discipline yourself to focus on those tasks that are most likely to help you achieve your business goals.
- Get in a workout: Exercise improves concentration, motivation, memory and mood. A good workout raises your brain’s dopamine levels, improving both focus and attention.
- Don’t be a perfectionist: Don’t get discouraged or overwhelmed if you’re falling short of your objectives. It happens. Focus on enjoying small victories each day, and build from there. Remind yourself that failure and frustration are an important part of your journey to success.
If you feel like you’ve been less than focused this first quarter, it’s time to put it behind you and get focused on what you need to do to make 2021 your best year ever.