As August winds down and our school year routines take shape, it might be nice to think about taking a break, putting our feet up and enjoying the last days of warm weather. But it may also be the perfect time to hit the refresh button on our lead generation strategies.
To be a top agent is to continuously assess and evolve your lead generation process to meet the goals you set for yourself. Let’s take a fresh look at ways you can continue to maximize your lead generation and push through to fall with success.
- Let everyone know you’re in real estate.When you first started in the business, you probably told every single person you met what you were doing. If you find yourself struggling for leads, revisit this tool. When you drop your kids off for camp, make sure the camp director knows you are a real estate professional. Time to kill by the pool? Take your nose out of your beach reading and begin selling yourself to those around you.
- Don’t forget those past clients.If you’ve not talked to past clients recently, this is an easy way to find leads. No need to build a new relationship since you already have one. Schedule time to review your past client list, start checking in with them and frankly let them know you’re hustling for business. Chances are, you’ll come up with some excellent leads this way.
- Manage your time more effectively. Don’t forget that about 75 percent of your day should be spent on revenue-producing activities, which means you must be strict about prioritizing. Block out a set hour or two for administrative activities and replying to emails. If you use separate personal and business phones, set your personal one on ‘do not disturb’ when you are in lead-generation mode.
- Expireds and FSBOs. Chasing expired listings and FSBOs can become fruitful sources of income, as sellers may be frustrated with their inability to sell their house and ready to make an immediate appointment with an agent who inspires confidence. Of course, if you’re reading the post it means you’ve landed on the source for great expired and FSBO leads-Espresso Agent,.
- Direct Mail.Rarely does anyone receive a hand-written letter anymore, but there are services you can contract with that create snail mail that looks like one, ensuring a higher open rate. You can craft hyper-targeted lists using these services and generate a stream of leads you might not otherwise find.
This gives you a good mix of tried-and-true methods of lead generation. You have just over five months in this year to meet your annual goals, so don’t let the heat beat you and keep you from achieving them.